Initially I bought many domain names from Google apps as it is safe and easy but one problem is that you can not enjoy the evergreen discount coupons of Godaddy and it is less flexible also transferring from Google apps to Godaddy or new domain registrar is not very smooth and easy. So I thought of writing a blog post on it. As in our company TechShu we faced this problem many times and every time it takes a lot of time if solution is not documented, in TechShu we have a very unique habit of finding solution to our problems and writing blog post on that so that everyone will get benefited from training new team members to our clients to open world.
So here we go –
1. Buy Domain transfer service from Godaddy with Desired domain name to transfer.
“In order to complete this transfer we must have the approval of the administrative contact for this domain name. However, the administrative email address obtained from your current registrar does not appear to be valid, or could not be obtained.”
3. Need Transaction ID and Security Code – In order to initiate the transfer, Godaddy needed to send you Transaction ID and Security Code that were provided by the gaining registrar. They were sent to the Administrative Contact listed on the domain when you purchased the transfer at Go Daddy (In simple terms they’ll be send to the email ID with which you have registered Google Apps domain name). If you did not receive this email as you are transferring your domain name from Google apps which provide who.is protection and Godaddy will be unable to find out the administrative contact email ID of your domain name.
4. Clear Private Registration Service –
You need to ensure that you have removed the Private Registration Service that Google apps provide for free associated with the domain and Cancel the Private Registration.
The private registration for your domain is managed through Domains By Proxy in case of domain names bought via Google Apps, You will need to log into your account with Domains By Proxy in order to cancel the privacy service.
- Go to domainsbyproxy.com and click on ‘My Account’.
- Log in to your Domains by Proxy account.
If you do not remember your Domains by Proxy login information, click on the ‘Forgot your password?’ link to retrieve your customer number and reset your password for that
Go to login> Click Forget Password> 1st retrieve your Customer ID and then Reset Password with the help of customer ID.
- Once logged in, click on ‘My Domains’.
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you wish to cancel private registration for.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- Confirm that you wish to cancel the registration by selecting YES.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
You will then receive an email regarding the cancellation. The domain will no longer appear in your Domains by Proxy account, and the cancellation will not affect any other services on the domain such as DNS or email. Please remember that cancellation of the private registration is not refundable.
5) Unlock your domain name and get Authorization Code – Go to https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/YourDomainName.com/ > Domain Settings > Domain names > Advanced DNS settings > Click on Sign in to DNS console > Sign in with your given access credentials.
- Click on your desired domain name, Unlock your desired domain name.
- Go to Authorization Code: Send by Email section and click on send by email.
- You’ll received authorization code which you’ll be needing at later stage of transfer.
6) Reinitiate transfer Go to Godaddy> My Account> My domain> Transfer tab> Click on desired domain name and reinitiate transfer
7) Transaction ID and Security Code finally – You get a email with “Transfer of YourDomainName.com – Action Required” with Transaction ID and Security Code.
8 ) Authorization – Go to Godaddy> My Account> Domain manager> Domains> Pending transfers> Authorization> Type your Transaction ID and Security Code.
9) Accept Transfer – Go to https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/ YourDomainName.com/ > Domain Settings > Domain names > Advanced DNS settings > Click on Sign in to DNS console > Sign in with given access credentials> Domains> Pending Transfer> Select desired domain name> Click Accept/Decline> Select Accept and Ok.
10) Hurray.. You are done with transfer.
SPECIAL NOTE : One more point to take care of, Go to https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/ YourDomainName.com/ > Domain Settings > Domain names >
Uncheck “Automatically renew my domain registration every year” Or else you’ll be ended up paying every year to Google apps like once I did for my one domain name.
Please note that if you are approaching to your domain renewal period than you can not be able to uncheck if that is the case then you can turn off or uncheck the auto renew option once date of renewal is over.